10 ways to personalise your wedding
by Craven and Valley Life
Prepare yourselves for 10 incredible hot tips on how to make your wedding stand out from the crowd. Many weddings tend to be the same and don’t reflect the couple’s uniqueness. So Northern Life has devised 10 ways to personalise your special day.
- Children’s blackboards are a great way to communicate with your guests. Write little messages like ‘Love is Sweet’ or ‘All You Need is Love’. You could also use a large one for the menu.
- If your wedding is going to span the whole day, your guests will appreciate a separate space to the revelry, where they can relax for a while. Personalise this area by having a screen showing you and your partner’s favourite romantic movie.
- Why not become the cover stars of your favourite magazine – Northern Life. Not only do the guests leave with a great momento, they also have a great read. For more details call 01282 861982.
- If you need a performer or an artist, why not call upon your local drama academy or art school. They will be much cheaper and they will so appreciate the opportunity.
- To help break the ice at dinner, why not have your Best Man host a quiz about you both? Each table would work together as a team, and you could offer a prize for the winner.
- Instead of a dessert or sweet table, you could have a fun DIY station to decorate your own cupcakes. There could be a variety of different and more usual flavours with a selection of icings and toppings.
- Have an engagement shoot and use the photos for your ‘Save the Date’ cards and/or table numbers.
- Toss out traditional save-the-dates and create a homemade video with information on your upcoming wedding. Send a DVD to each prospective guest.
- Put together ‘welcome packs’ for out of town guests, giving information on the area together with a little gift.
- If you’re having a Christmas wedding, ask each of your guests to bring a bauble for a Christmas tree. You’ll use them on your tree every year, and it’ll be a fantastic annual reminder of your wedding.